- The recipient will accept the award by formally signing an agreement with PRAF and Cité Internationale des Arts in Paris. Once the recipient accepts the award he/she cannot withdraw their acceptance and will have to comply with the schedule provided for by the organizers.
- Once the winner has been declared it is mandatory for him/her to attend the Residency for a three month period at Cite Internationale des Arts in Paris in 2020, as per the dates scheduled. Due to any circumstances if the winner is unable to attend the residency the runner up will be eligible.
- The recipient must of an Indian origin and have a valid Indian passport prior to the residency.
- There is no participation fee.
- The jury will decide on the winning artist.
- As a part of the residency the artist will get a stipend of INR 90,000/- for three months, visa and travel will be taken care of by the organizers. The artist will also be provided with a studio space during the duration of the residency.
- After the residency the winner will conduct a workshop with PRAF in the summer of 2021, the brief of the same will need to be submitted immediately after the residency.
- The winner will be informed by e-mail or phone and his/her name shall be published on the website within a week of the announcement.
- The majority decisions of the Judges, and of the Advisory Committee on the interpretation of all rules and regulations of the Prize, shall be final and legally binding. Reasons will not be given for any such decision and the jury and/or Advisory Committee will not enter into any correspondence regarding the merits of any decision.
- At any time after an entry is accepted or after the Award has been granted to any entry, if a majority of Judges determine that the entry did not comply with the conditions of entry or eligibility, the award may be withdrawn from the artist.
Please submit a PDF containing:
Your portfolio, including most current resume, images of up to 15-18 works, each image labeled with the artist’s name, title of work, dimensions, medium and year; artist statement and a brief on the works submitted
If there are video file(s), they should be compatible for playback on Windows Media/VLC/Real Player.
Note: You can add the link to the video(s) within the PDF itself, if they are on vimeo or any website.
The following supporting material must accompany the PDF:
- Proof of age and citizenship (attested photocopy of birth certificate, passport, or any valid government ID showing birth date and citizenship).
- One color photo 2 x 2 inches or larger.
For any queries regarding application procedure or the award, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org